Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Psalm 119/5

 

  Psalm 119 is a 22-stanza poem of 8 lines each wherein each line begins with the same Hebrew letter. For this week, I've re-compiled it into 8 different acrostic poems.

 Psalm 119/5

Oh, that my ways were directed to keep Your statutes!
With my lips I have declared all the judgments of Your mouth.
You rebuke the proud–the cursed, who stray from Your commandments.
Remove from me the way of lying, and grant me Your law graciously.
Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way
And I will walk at liberty, for I seek Your precepts.
Indignation has taken hold of me because of the wicked, who forsake Your law.
The cords of the wicked bound me, but I have not forgotten Your law.
The proud have forged a lie against me, but I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart.
Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; for Your law is my delight.
The proud have dug pits for me, which is not according to Your law.
I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life.
I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I may keep Your word.
My life is continually in Your hand, yet I do not forget Your law.
Hold me up and I shall be safe, and I shall observe Your statutes continually.
I am Your servant; give me understanding, that I may know Your testimonies.
Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me.
I am small and despised, yet I do not forget Your precepts.
Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; O LORD, revive me according to Your justice.
Many are my persecutors and my enemies, yet I do not turn from Your testimonies.
Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble.
Let Your hand become my help, for I have chosen Your precepts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment