Sunday, March 28, 2021

Psalm 119/2

 Psalm 119 is a 22-stanza poem of 8 lines each wherein each line begins with the same Hebrew letter. For this week, I've re-compiled it into 8 different acrostic poems.

Psalm 119/2

Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with a whole heart!
With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.
I have declared my ways, and You answered me; teach me Your statutes.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word.
This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life.
I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; be merciful to me according to Your word.
Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe Your commandments.
Those who fear You will be glad when they see me, because I have hoped in Your word.
My eyes fail from searching Your word, saying, “When will You comfort me?”
Your faithfulness endures to all generations; You established the earth, and it abides.
You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; for they are ever with me.
I have sworn and confirmed that I will keep Your righteous judgments.
You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.
Be surety for Your servant for good; do not let the proud oppress me.
The entrance of Your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
Your testimonies, which You have commanded, are righteous and very faithful.
I cry out to You; save me and I will keep Your testimonies.
Plead my cause and redeem me; revive me according to Your word.
I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great treasure.
Let my supplication come before You; deliver me according to Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment