Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Psalm 119/4

   Psalm 119 is a 22-stanza poem of 8 lines each wherein each line begins with the same Hebrew letter. For this week, I've re-compiled it into 8 different acrostic poems.

Psalm 119/4

You have commanded us to keep Your precepts diligently.
Blessed are You, O LORD! Teach me Your statutes.
My soul breaks with longing for Your judgments at all times.
My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to Your word.
Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to covetousness.
So shall I keep your law continually, forever and ever.
I remember Your judgments of old, O LORD, and have comforted myself.
I made haste and did not delay to keep Your commandments.
You are good and do good; teach me Your statutes.
Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to Your word to Your servant.
How many are the days of Your servant?When will You execute judgment on those who persecute me?
Unless Your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction.
I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts.
Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me Your judgments.
Uphold me according to Your word, thatI may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope.
Deal with Your servant according to Your mercy, and teach me Your statutes.
Look upon me an be merciful to me, as Your custom is toward those who love Your name.
Your word is very pure; therefore Your servant loves it.
My eyes are awake through the night watches that I may meditate on Your word.
Great are Your tender mercies, O LORD; revive me according to Your judgments.
Seven times a day I praise You, because of Your righteous judgments.
My tongue shall speak of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment