Monday, March 29, 2021

Psalm 119/3

  Psalm 119 is a 22-stanza poem of 8 lines each wherein each line begins with the same Hebrew letter. For this week, I've re-compiled it into 8 different acrostic poems.

 

PSALM 119/3

They also do no iniquity; they walk in His ways.
Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.
I am a stranger in the earth; do not hide Your commandments from me.
Make me understand the way of Your precepts; so shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.
Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.
And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I have hoped in Your ordinances.
The proud have me in great derision, yet I do not turn aside from Your law.
I thought about my ways, and turned my feet to Your testimonies.
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word.
I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right, and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
For I have become like a wineskin in smoke, yet i do not forget Your statutes.
They continue this day according to Your ordinances, for all are Your servants.
I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation.
I am afflicted very much; revive me, O LORD, according to Your word.
Depart from me, you evildoers, for I will keep the commandments of my God!
My eyes fail from seeking Your salvation and Your righteous word.
I opened my mouth and panted, for I longed for Your commandments.
My zeal has consumed me, because my enemies have forgotten Your words.
I rise before the dawning of the morning and cry for help; I hope in Your word.
Salvation is far from the wicked, for they do not seek Your statutes.
I hate and abhor lying, but I love Your law.
My lips shall utter praise, for You teach me Your statutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment