Thursday, April 1, 2021

Psalm 119/6

 Psalm 119 is a 22-stanza poem of 8 lines each wherein each line begins with the same Hebrew letter. For this week, I've re-compiled it into 8 different acrostic poems.

 Psalm 119/6

Then I would not be ashamed, when I look into all Your commandments.
I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, as much as in all riches.
Remove from me reproach and contempt, for I have kept Your testimonies.
I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me.
Establish Your word to Your servant, who is devoted to fearing you.
I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.
Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.
At midnight, I will rise to give thanks to You, because of Your righteous judgments.
Their heart is as fat as grease, but I delight in Your law.
Let the proud be ashamed, for they treated me wrongfully with falsehood; but I will meditate on Your precepts.
All Your commandments are faithful; they persecute me wrongfully. Help me!
I am Yours, save me; for I have sought Your precepts.
I have not departed from Your judgments, for You Yourself have taught me.
The wicked have laid a snare for me, Yet I have not strayed from Your precepts.
You reject all those who stray from Your statutes, for their deceit is falsehood.
It is time for You to act, O LORD, for they have regarded Your law as void.
Redeem me from the oppression of man, that I may keep Your precepts.
Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your law is truth.
They draw near who follow after wickedness; they are far from Your law.
I see the treacherous and am disgusted, because they do not keep Your word.
LORD, I hope for Your salvation, and I do Your commandments.
I long for Your salvation, O LORD, and Your law is my delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment