Friday, April 2, 2021

Psalm 119/7

 Psalm 119 is a 22-stanza poem of 8 lines each wherein each line begins with the same Hebrew letter. For this week, I've re-compiled it into 8 different acrostic poems.

 Psalm 119/7

I will praise You with uprightness of heart, when I learn Your righteous judgments.
I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways.
Princes also sit and speak against me, but Your servant meditates on Your statutes.
I cling to Your testimonies; O LORD, do not put me to shame!
Turn away my reproach which I dread, for Your judgments are good.
And I will delight myself in Your commandments, which I love.
I remember Your name in the night, O LORD,and I keep your law.
I am a companion of all who fear You, and of those who keep Your precepts.
It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes.
Let those who fear You turn to me, those who know Your testimonies.
They also made an end of me on earth, but I did not forsake Your precepts.
The wicked wait for me to destroy me, but I will consider Your testimonies.
How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
You put away all the wicked of the earth like dross; therefore, I love your testimonies.
Therefore I love Your commandments more than gold, yes, than fine gold!
Make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes.
Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, yet Your commandments are my delights.
You are near, O LORD, and all Your commandments are truth.
Consider how I love Your precepts; revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness.
My sou keeps Your testimonies and I love them exceedingly.
Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; and let Your judgments help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment