Saturday, April 3, 2021

Psalm 119/8

  Psalm 119 is a 22-stanza poem of 8 lines each wherein each line begins with the same Hebrew letter. For this week, I've re-compiled it into 8 different acrostic poems.

 

Psalm 119/8

I will keep your statutes; Oh, do not forsake me utterly!
I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.
Your testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.
I will run the course of Your commandments, for You shall enlarge my heart.
Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me in Your righteousness.
My hands also will lift up to Your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on Your statutes.
This has become mine, because I kept your precepts.
The earth, O LORD, is full of Your mercy; teach me Your statutes.
The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of coins of gold and silver.
Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes, that I may not be ashamed.
Revive me according to Your lovingkindness, so that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth.
I have seen the consummation of all perfection, but Your commandment is exceedingly broad.
Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate very false way.
I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, to the very end.
My flesh trembles for fear of You, and I am afraid of Your judgments.
Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things I consider to be right; I hate every false way.
Rivers of water run down from my eyes, because men do not keep Your law.
The righteousness of Your testimonies is everlasting; give me understanding and I shall live.
Concerning Your testimonies, I have known of old that You have founded them forever.
The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.
I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies, for all my ways are before You.
I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment