Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Feel the Earth Move

For any readers out there who care, yes I will be posting thoughts on the past two episodes of Glee. I just haven't been in the frame of mind to do so. A lot of crud is going down right now, and I don't have the time or inclination to wax on about Ke$ha music.

However, the metaphorical destruction of my world cannot compare to the literal destruction brought by the earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand this week. It seems amazing since I was just discussing New Zealand on Sunday, saying it was a great place to be right now. The earthquake has left many dead, and caused significant damage. With a name like Christchurch, wouldn't it be great if the Christian Church did indeed help out significantly? If nothing else, let's pray for the people of New Zealand, and those visiting. If you are able, consider donating through the Red Cross to earthquake relief, or perhaps other efforts for the Kiwi people if you can.

As for me, I can't help hoping now that the earth swallows up some of those who've made my life so miserable recently. Oh well. In times like these I try to reassure myself that though I am poorer than many, I am richer than most.

2 comments:

  1. i really appreciated this post Jon. Therapeutic to see ourselves as compared to devastation in another place and i appreciate your spirit of gratitude in the last line. You are very wealthy compared to the people we live near and i dont mean money in the bank, but rather sound mind, living within God's grace, a healthy physical body and the means to work for food. You are blessed in spite of it all and a blessing to others with all your giftings. You are a friend of God. You are a chosen vessel. You are an overcomer. You are a a natural man with a supernatural God. You are .....well the list goes on and on according to the Word! be blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jon, I'm your first cousin once removed. I'm very sorry to hear your life has been trying lately. Without knowing the details it's difficult to offer comfort, but perhaps it will help to recall the easy yoke in Matthew, and realize that troubles will eventually pass away. Best regards and be of good cheer.
    Cousin Pete

    ReplyDelete